This qualification helps you to develop the knowledge and practical skills needed to professionally inspect and test electrical installations. You will become very familiar with the 17th edition n wiring regulations part 6 and guidance’s note 3 and inspection and testing.
Who should attend?
This award is ideal for qualified electricians wishing to update their knowledge of electrical installation techniques. Level 3 is ideal if you are a qualified electrician and have a great deal of technical skills and knowledge. You work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety, fault correction and ensuring work meets the required standard. You want to update your knowledge of techniques and legislation.
– Testing :
– Continuity of conductors
– Continuity of protective conductors, including main and supplementary equipotential bonding
– Continuity of ring final circuit conductors
– Insulation resistance
– Protection by SELV, PELV or by electrical separation
– Protection by SELV
– Protection by PELV
– Protection by electrical separation
– Functional extra-low voltage circuits
– Basic protection by a barrier or an enclosure provided during erection
– Insulation resistance/impedance of floors and walls
– Earth electrode resistance
– Protection by automatic disconnection of the supply
a) TN system
b) TT system
c) IT system
– Earth fault loop impedance
– Additional protection
– Prospective fault current
– Check of phase sequence
– Functional testing
– Verification of voltage drop
The course is both practical and theory giving you hands on experience of inspection and test and will cover the theory knowledge requirements for the exam.
Once with a successful pass in this course you will be able to apply for your approved electrician JIB card. It will equip you with the knowledge to be able to inspect and test new electrical installations.
1. Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
2. Requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
3. Requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
4. Requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
5. Requirements for testing before circuits are energised
6. Requirements for testing energised installations
7. Requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
8. Safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
9. Inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
10. Commissioning electrotechnical systems and equipment