They allow candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required to test portable electrical appliances with the Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment. If you already work as an electrician it will add another string to your bow and can help you move up in the industry.
Who should attend?
These qualifications are aimed at those with administrative responsibilities for the maintenance of electrical equipment and for those undertaking practical inspection and testing of electrical equipment. It also allows those with an administrative responsibility for the testing and inspection of electrical equipment to gain a qualification suitable to their job role.
– Purpose of periodic inspection and testing
– Necessity for periodic inspection and testing
– Electricity at Work Regulations
– Routine checks
– Required information
– Frequency of periodic inspections
– Requirements for inspection testing
– Process – prior to carrying out inspection and testing
– General procedure
– Setting inspection and testing samples
– Periodic inspection
– Example checklist of items that require inspection
– Periodic testing
– Tests to be made
– Additional notes on periodic testing
– Electrical installation Condition Report
– Periodic inspection of installations to an earlier edition of BS 7671 or the IEE Wiring Regulations
This course is both theory and practical based giving you hands on experience.
Upon successful completion of this course the delegate will be well equipped to manage and test electrical equipment for their company or to set up self employed as a business tester.
Cover scope, Definitions and the law, we talk about fixed electrical installations and cover the types of electrical equipment, the electrical tests and in-service inspection and testing, cover procedures for in-service inspection and testing, training, test instruments
Inspection and testing include user checks
Cover equipment construction types, types of inspection and testing, the user checks, the formal visual inspection, combined inspection and testing, new and third party equipment. Finally the appendices.
Practical sessions are put into both days with assessments on the last day