The purpose of this installer training is to give candidates a qualification which builds upon current electrical knowledge in order to extend their scope to include the installation of solar photovoltaic. This course covers installations up to 4kWp output.
Who can attend?
Electricians and roofers or anyone holding a Part P certificate.
The full certificate will only apply to candidates who meet the entry requirements of the awarding body. Delegates must have a working knowledge of domestic electrical installations and be able to design, install, inspect, test, and issue documentation for a single phase circuit.
This course is an online and practical assessment.
Upon successful completion of the course the delegate will be able to design, install and test solar PV systems up to 4kw under GS 83.
The course will cover the following topics:
– The fundamental aspects of photovoltaic
– Safety requirements relating to the installation of electrical installations
– Basic electrical components and test instruments used
– Simple AC & DC electrical circuit arrangements
– Electrical regulations (17th edition) and legal requirements of installations
– Installing, commissioning and testing a fully working system
– Backgrounds into market and grant funding routes
– Regulations and standards
– Health and safety considerations
– Cell types and benefits
– External and internal site survey requirements